Last month, Round Hill Hotel and Villas hosted and celebrated the annual Sugar Cane Ball honoring and benefitting Hanover Charities. This year’s theme, “Diamond Jubilee”, celebrated 60 years since the founding of Hanover Charities in 1957 and the first staging of the annual fundraiser “The Sugar Cane Ball” at Round Hill.
There were 350 guests at this year’s ball, which was the largest attendance ever. It was attended by dignitaries including the Prime Minister of Jamaica, The Most Honourable Andrew Michael Holness and his wife Juliette and the Leader of her Majesty’s Loyal Opposition, Dr. Peter Phillips and his wife.
Guests in attendance included:
- Ralph and Ricky Lauren, RH villa owners and honorary chairs of Hanover Charities
- Vanessa Noel, RH villa owner, NY designer & socialite and chair of the Sugar Cane Ball 2017 “The Diamond Jubilee” and her mother Emma Ginley and house guests.
- Larry Leeds, RH villa owner, NY financier and socialite
- Edward and Patricia Falkenberg, RH villa owners, NY real estate tycoon and NY socialite
- Bob and Veronique Pittman, RH villa owners and CEO of i-Heart Media, NY socialites
- Radford “Roddy” Klotz and Shanaz “Nazee” Klotz, RH villa owners and senior partner in Brown Brothers Harriman.
- Glenn and Mary Jane Creamer, RH villa owner and chairman. Rhode Island financier “Providence Equity” fund.
- Fernande “Nan” Brenninkmeyer, major shareholder of family owned department store chain C&A from the Netherlands, RH villa owner.
- Caroline St. George, RH villa owner and UK socialite
- Hon. Tricia Monson, mother of Guy Monson, RH villa owner and member of the aristocratic Monson family of the UK.
- Mark and Nancy Schwarzman, brother of Stephen Schwarzman of Blackstone who owns a villa at RH.
- Ali Kadjar Wambold and wife Monica Gerrard-Sharpe Wambold, Ali is a scion of the Persian royal house of Kadjar
- Lady Annabel Wallop, The Countess of Portsmouth, returning guest at RH
- Hon. Vanessa Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, UK socialite
- Daisy Soros, NY socialite, Tryall villa owner
- Congresswoman Caroline Malloney of NY
- Guy Stuart, DC billionaire and principal owner of Half Moon Club in Montego Bay
- James Reginato, Vanity Fair contributor and author
- Amb. Louis Merono, USA ambassador to Jamaica
- Amb. Brenda La Grange Johnson, former US ambassador to Jamaica
- Amb. Carlos Alberto den Hartog, Brazilian ambassador to Jamaica
- Thomas and Rickie Lloyd, he is Bunny Mellon’s grandson and Rickie Lloyd was just appointed as social secretary to Melania Trump, annual RH guests
- Jim Mitchell, celebrated NY social commentary and PR guru